Friday, November 30, 2012

On the Obama-Romney Lunch at the White House: Too Edgy for Politico


Yesterday, Politico's Arena asked what might come of the Obama-Romney lunch.  Below is my submission, which was apparently too edgy for the stuffed shirts over at Politico.

As Lunch ends at Casablanca

Mitt and Obama slowly walk away from the West Wing toward the Rose Garden.

OBAMA
It might be a good idea for you to disappear from Casablanca for a while.  There’s an ambassadorship to an international financial institution in Switzerland, I could be induced to arrange your confirmation.

MITT
My confirmation? I could use a job. But it doesn’t make any different about our bet.  You still owe me ten thousand dollars.

OBAMA
And that ten thousand dollars should pay our expenses.

MITT
Our expenses?

OBAMA
Uh huh.

MITT
Barry, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

FADE OUT.
Start music, softly, As Time Goes By  
THE END
By the way, just FYI - Casablanca is Spanish for White House.


No comments: